:The Word Mechanic's Showroom—Samples of Kim's Writing and Editing
Thank you for dropping by The Word Mechanic’s showroom. Here you will find some examples of my recent work.
Right now, I am a Senior Business Development Associate for Education Development Center, a great nonprofit based in Waltham, Mass. That means I'm not taking on freelance work! But, feel free to contact me and I'll be glad to connect you with one of my very talented freelance colleagues.
Would you like to view some less serious examples of my work? For a little light reading, please visit The Word Mechanic’s Spare Parts Department.
- 2012-Present: In my role as Senior Business Development Associate, I serve as the lead Content Developer and Manager of Learning and Teaching, an EDC website. I am also a writer and grant writer for EDC and have written dozens of successfully funded proposals submitted to government agencies and foundations. Previously, I wrote successfully-funded proposals for Wheelock College and Dawkins Productions.
- Elliott, K., & Cairone, K. (2017). Supporting the Whole Child at EDC. Waltham, MA: EDC.
- Elliott, K., Juliuson, J., Katz, N., & Parris, J. (2016). In Support of Educators: Strategies That Work. Waltham, MA: EDC.
- Elliott, K., & Crandell, J. (2016). Early Literacy Learning at EDC. Waltham, MA: EDC.
- Elliott, K. (2015). Broadening Participation: Making STEM Learning Relevant and Rigorous for All Students. Waltham, MA: CADRE.
- Elliott, K. (2014). CTE Pathways to STEM Occupations: STEM Smart Brief. Waltham, MA: STEM Smart.
- Elliott, K. (2013). Nurturing STEM Skills in Young Learners, PreK-3: STEM Smart Brief. Waltham, MA: STEM Smart.
- Swanson, J., Elliott, K., & Harmon. J. (2011). Teacher Leader Stories: The Power of Case Methods. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin.
- Skiffington, S., Washburn, S., & Elliott, K. (2011). Instructional Coaching: Helping Preschool Teachers Reach Their Full Potential. Young Children.
- Developmental Editor: Hanson, K., Guilfoy, V., & Pillai, S. (2009). More Than Title IX: How Equity in Education Has Shaped the Nation. U.S.: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc.
- Editor and Unit Co-Author: National Institutes of Health and Education Development Center, Inc. (2009). Exploring Bioethics: NIH Curriculum Supplement. Grades 9-12. Washington, DC: National Institutes of Health Clinical Center, Department of Bioethics.
- Developmental Editor: Morocco, C., Aguilar C., & Bershad, C. (2008). Supported Literacy for Adolescents: Transforming Teaching and Content Learning for the 21st Century. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Grant Writer: Dawkins Productions, Inc., New York (2007, 2009). Wrote successfully funded Phase I and Phase II grant proposals to the National Institutes of Health, Small Business Innovation Research Program for a health-related project.